Two Men Killed in Multi-Vehicle Crash in West Milton
Two men were recently killed in a three-accident crash that occurred on Route 15 in Union County. The men were Joseph Rodriguez and Matthew Jodon. Both men were pronounced dead from blunt force trauma at the scene of the crash.
According to law enforcement, Jodon was driving a Chevrolet north in the southbound lane when it crashed into a Subaru Legacy at approximately 2:30 in the morning.
Losing a Loved One in a Vehicle Accident is Devastating
There is nothing that can be done to ease the devastation of losing someone you love in a vehicle accident. No law or action by the court can replace the person you cared about.
However, the law does allow for those who survive a victim of a vehicle accident to recover compensation that helps with the expenses associated with the incident and that eases the financial burden that follows a loss like this for so many families.
A wrongful death lawsuit is one that is filed by those left behind by the victim. It determines the amount of damages or compensatory money relatives should receive as a result of their loss.
In order to qualify to file a wrongful death suit, you must show that your loved one not only lost his or her life because of another person’s negligence or intentional act, but that you were also directly impacted emotionally and financially because of your loss. This requires proving two things:
- That your loved one’s death was indeed due to the negligent, reckless, or deliberate act of another person. This means your loved one did not bear responsibility for what occurred either through action or inaction.
- That you experienced measurable damages because of your loved one’s wrongful death.
Who is eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit varies from state to state, but this type of lawsuit is most often filed by spouses or children of the deceased.
Wrongful death lawsuits could entitle someone to:
- Costs associated with medical bills
- Cost of burial
- Compensatory damages for lost wages
- Compensatory damages for pain and suffering due to their loved one’s absence
- Though not available in every state, punitive damages might also be available
Heavens Law represents those who lost loved ones in vehicle crashes and other cases of wrongful death. If your loved one was killed due to the actions of another person, you deserve experienced legal representation. For more information or to discuss your case, contact Heavens Law at 888.897.5377 to schedule a free consultation.